Out of State Lateral Officer

If you are a licensed out of state peace officer with at least three years of service as a peace officer.   Immediately preceding the submission of their application for employment may be given the option to challenge the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) licensing exam in lieu of attending the State of Texas Basic Peace Officers Course(BPOC).  Please go to http://tcole.texas.gov/content/out-state-peace-officers for more information.  This process can take up to 2 months to get approved to challenge the State of Texas Peace Officer test, so please start as soon as possible.  This process has to be started by the applicant and cannot be done by the Irving Police Department.

*Out of state licensed peace officers with less than three years of experience must complete the BPOC.